Let’s talk weddings shall we? You’ve been to probably a minimum of 8 this summer. Maybe even been a bridesmaid. So with all this wedding business, where does a Spinster fit in? We’re not quite bitter that it’s not us, but not totally stoked that we’re not the ones running through the tunnel of sparklers. We’re happy, yet have slight internal turmoil. Although you loved the photo booth idea and the personalized jelly beans you got as a favor (which are currently melting in the cup holder of your car) you can’t help but be a critic at weddings.
What would you do differently?
What made the night a smash or a crash?
Would you really have your grandmother sing “L is for the way you look at me” at your wedding dinner?
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Wait a second. You’re single. Why are you planning your wedding?
It is because you, despite all your protests, are a wedding groupie.
Wedding Groupie: noun.
A female who ironically cleaves
unto all things wedding, despite her singleHOOD status.
Why do we do this to ourselves?
- Why do we create Pinterest boards filled to the brim with creative lemon and rose centerpieces, ‘smores and Izze drink stations, and antique 20’s hairpins for our 6 bridesmaids decked out in tangerine tango Pnina Tornai tea dresses?
- Why do we continue to get slightly misty and even ache a little bit every time the bride and groom dance together for the first time, even though we’ve been to at least 2 ½ other weddings this week?
- Why do we scribble down notes to ourselves about having guests write messages on chalk boards at the reception or sketch out what the ribbon canopy should look like over the coconut shrimp and basil crostini bar?
- Why do we plan where the photographer should be in order to capture that perfect shot of HIM seeing you in the dress for the first time?
It’s because we’re hopeless romantics.
It’s because we're slaves for all things cute.
It’s because we’re wedding groupies.
Gert and Char
p.s. In order to exacerbate your condition and make sure your wedding is a million times better than the bazillion other ones you've been to this year, we've provided the following blogs/pictures/ideas for your future beautiful wedding.
1) This blog is out of control amazing. One of our girlfriends is using the different shades of coral idea for our bridesmaids dresses.
2) Princess Grace. High waist with lace on top? Yes please.
3) Braided updo of the century.
4) Black dresses but switch it up with shoes and flowers for bridesmaids.
5)Table numbers with pictures of the bride and groom at that age.
6) The groomsmen.
We'd give you more but we can't let you fall too far down the wedding rabbit hole.