Monday, December 31, 2012

"The Same Page" Copout


*
Spinster: “So…when am I gonna see you again?”
Boy: “Uh…..I kind of thought we were on the same page.”
Spinster: “And what page is that?”
Boy: “That when I went back to school that we both kind of just did our own thing.”

Hold please. Crazy town is on the other line. They’re just wondering when you were going to come and make permanent residence. Pretty sure you took me on three dates a week for the past 4 months and so….no. No I was not aware you were on that particular “page”.

There is an alarming trend of boys “assuming” with their frightful little “pages”.  Hey-we’ve got nothing against pages. We love to read. But sometimes we like to use our mouths and words to communicate.

Next time you’re going to a have a secret relationship book club, leave me a bookmark so I can save you the trouble of this painfully awkward phone call.

Getting paper cuts,
Char and Gert


No comments:

Post a Comment