Monday, January 21, 2013

Burning the Pages


































I was looking through some old journals tonight.

 Yikes.

It made me almost cringe reading the entries where I was talking about how much I thought a guy liked me and realizing how much he really didn’t or how much he changed.

I felt like I was “that guy” in the movie theater who yells advice to the characters on the screen. I was like, “Oh my gosh Char! Don’t go out with him again! He is bad news!” and was also surprised how much my “crap filter” has gone up. No more pulling those kinds of stunts on this Char.

Older and wiser ladies. Older and wiser.

But man those entries were like a train wreck. I couldn’t stop reading even though I knew exactly what was going to happen.


Sly texts sent from across the room just to make me laugh.

His friends telling me he liked me.

Another girl gets shot gun in his car.

Buy one get one free dates.

Cuddling on the first date.

Breaking up 2 weeks later.

Showing up on my porch in the middle of a snowstorm.




Then my latest jam came on my ipod.  


“I would rather learn what it feels like to burn than feel nothing at all.”

Guys are unpredictable, messy, sweethearts that get under your skin and leave marks for better or worse.

Burning certain pages,

Char


No comments:

Post a Comment